Libby / Wisconsin's Digital Library
With Libby, you can borrow free ebooks, digital audiobooks, and magazines from your library. All you need is a library card!
Setting Up the App
- Download the Libby app from the App Store or Play Store.
Search for a Library- search by our zip code (53151). Then select Wisconsin Public Library Consortium.
Sign in with your card. Select Bridges Library System. Then, enter all letters and numbers on the back of your card, and the 4 digits of your birth year for the PIN.
- To browse for a new book, tap the building at the bottom of the screen. This will show various collections of books.
To look for a genre, format, or availability, tap the menu at the top. Then, choose the tags that describe what you're looking for. This narrows the search.
To search a specific author or title, tap the magnifying glass at the bottom. You can also narrow the results by tapping the menu.
Once you see a book you want to borrow, look to the right. Right next to the book will be one of three options:
- Borrow: This material is available! Tap "borrow" to read now.
- Place Hold: This material is owned by the system, but all copies are currently checked out. Tap "Place Hold" to wait in line for a copy.
- Notify Me: This material is not currently owned by our system. Tap "notify me" to get a notification when/if the system purchases a copy.
How do I read a book I've checked out?
Tap on the stack of books at the bottom of the screen. Then, tap the material you'd like to read.
How do I know what is an ebook or audiobook?
If there is an earbud icon under the book cover image, that item is an audiobook. Ebooks will not have that image.
How do I renew a book?
If no one is waiting for that item, you can follow these steps: Loans > Manage Loan > Renew. If someone has a hold on that item, you are not able to renew.